When properly cared for, your new Giro cycling shoes will offer many miles of performance. Below are some tips when it comes to looking after your new shoes:
- To clean shoes covered in mud, dirt or road grime, wipe them clean with a damp sponge or cloth.
- Never clean shoes in the washing machine.
- Do not clean your shoes using strong detergents or abrasive pads or brushes.
- Do not expose your shoes to extreme heat or use a fire, radiator, blow dryer or another heat source to dry your shoes. This can damage them and void the warranty.
- Shoes and pedals may not engage properly in cleats that are dirty or have excessive wear. Regularly check cleats and cleat area for dirt or debris and replace worn cleats as needed or recommended by the pedal manufacturer.
- If shoes become wet, stuff with newspaper to help absorb moisture and maintain shape. In most cases, newspaper will dry wet shoes overnight.